Here are a list of resources to make your appointments run more smoothly:
- How your video appointment will work: You will get an email with instructions and a link to your video appointment. If you are using a phone or ipad, please download the ‘Nextpatient’ app in advance. If you are using a computer, you don’t need an app and can use a browser. Please click the link ten minutes before the appointment (so that you are ready at the scheduled time) and your provider will start the session.
- How do I reschedule my appointment? Please go to your email appointment confirmation, and click ‘cancel’. A friendly reminder that appointments canceled within 24 hours are billed a cancellation fee (see here for more details).
- How do I get in contact with my provider? To message your provider or get their phone number to call or text them, link to your secure patient portal click here.
- How to message or upload a document to the patient portal, see these videos:
- What if I can’t log on to my patient portal? You can reset your password here. If that doesn’t work, you can email us at: email@example.com
- ADHD: If you are being evaluated for ADHD, see the process here. You can send this information to us in advance of your appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite your treatment. Or, you can discuss and send to your provider during or after your first appointment.
- Release of Information form here: When you complete this form, you are giving permission for us to contact the person on the form, to discuss your history, symptoms and treatment. You may elect to complete this form for your prior psychiatrist, therapist, family member, friend or doctor. It allows your Remedy team to contact them and obtain information about you, on your behalf. You can send this information to us in advance of your appointment at email@example.com to expedite your treatment. Or, you can discuss and send to your provider during or after your first appointment.
- To end treatment with Remedy: We hope you’re deciding to end treatment because you’re feeling better and no longer need us! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to end your membership and the reason why, and we will discontinue your membership.
After your first appointment:
- Need to message or send a document to your provider and The Remedy Team?: No problem. To message your provider at any time, simply log in to your OnPatient portal through www.onpatient.com. Use your email address and password that you used to set up your onpatient portal during your first visit to login. If you have forgotten our password, click on “Forgot Your Password?” and you will receive email instructions on how to reset your password.
- Computer: Here is a short YouTube clip on how to message and send documents to your provider and through the OnPatient portal on your computer here
- Cellphone: Here is a short YouTube clip on how to message and send documents to your provider and through the OnPatient portal on your phone here
- If you are still having troubles, be sure to let us know immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
- How to get your medication?: If your plan was to start medication immediately, your Remedy provider will have electronically sent the medication to the pharmacy you placed on file, the same day as your appointment. After your appointment, call your pharmacy to verify that they received the prescription and you should be able to pick up your medication within 24 hours. Sometimes, there are difficulties in obtaining your medication. If the pharmacy says they do not have your medication, please do the following:
- If the prescription was not received, please contact your Remedy provider. There may have been a technological disruption in sending the electronic prescription.
- If the prescription was received by the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist why it was not filled. It could be an issue with the pharmacy not having the medication in stock (in which case we may need to send the prescription to another pharmacy with stock), or an issue with your insurance not approving of the medication, in which we may need to submit an application to your insurance for them to cover the medication (called a prior authorization). If you need to change the pharmacy be sure to let us know immediately by sending us a message through onpatient.com.
- Kaiser Insurance: Some Kaiser plans allow non-Kaiser medical professionals to prescribe to your Kaiser pharmacy, and medication is covered. Other plans do not let outside prescribers send in medications. If this is the case, you may need to choose an alternate pharmacy and pay out of pocket for your medication.
- Need to change your pharmacy? No problem. You don’t need to schedule another appointment to do so. Please reach out to your Provider through our Onpatient portal by going to www.onpatient.com and using your username (it is usually the email you used to book your appointment) and password to login. Through the portal, you can use the messaging feature to message our providers and to let them know you’d like to change your pharmacy.
- Need refills only? Typically you will schedule regular appointments at each of your visits and you will be given refills to bridge you to your next appointment. In the off chance that that doesn’t happen and you just need a refill to get you to your next appointment, you don’t have to schedule an additional appointment just for a refill. Just reach out to your Remedy Provider through the Onpatient patient portal via www.onpatient.com to let them know you need a refill. Your provider may ask you to schedule a follow up appointment if it has been a while since your last appointment. Always try to reach out to us 7 days before running out of medications.
- Would you like an adjustment made to your medication and treatment plan? If you would like to make any adjustments to your prescriptions or treatment plan, you will need to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss any changes with your provider. Just go to our website, click ‘Book Appointment’ at the top right of the screen, for Visit Reason Choose “Existing Patients to Remedy Psychiatry (Returning),” scroll down to your same provider, and then select a time of availability. Then reach out to your Remedy Provider through the Onpatient patient portal via www.onpatient.com to let them know that you would have scheduled an appointment to discuss treatment plan changes. After you are able to have your appointment and discussion with your provider, changes can be made as needed.
- Need to reschedule your appointment? No problem, just click on the ‘cancel’ button in your appointment email confirmation. Then come back to our website, click ‘Book Appointment’ at the top right of the screen, for Visit Reason Choose “Existing Patients to Remedy Psychiatry (Returning),” choose your provider, and then select a time of availability. If you have an emergent need, please call 911.
Help someone else, and help yourself!
We all need as much support as we can get! And if you think someone you know might benefit from our care at Remedy, we’d like to reward you for helping them out. If you refer a friend, family member or colleague, and they come to see us, we’ll give you BOTH two weeks free! Just tell them to give their provider your name at their first visit, and we’ll credit you both with a discount.
Any other questions? Please contact your provider about your specific treatment plan, using the link above. If you have any general questions about Remedy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org